Monday, May 10, 2010

IN THE MOOD FOR A QUICKIE!

Now, now ... get your mind out of the gutter on that little "quickie!" OMG, did I just say that??? Did I just think that??? (LOL) Oh well ... such is life :) Anyway, the subject is "queeelting" and the "quickie" is a "Disappearing Nine Patch" that I've been wanting to make ... several of my friends have made one recently, and this weekend I was in the mood to do the same.

Having had two whole days to work on it, I really should be showing you a "finished top," cuz it does really go together quickly; but I didn't give it as much attention as I had planned on giving it. Summer has landed big time in Davie and I'm having a bit of trouble adjusting to the heat again ... I'm also still dealing with that silly little achilles problem and my friend the last few weeks has been a "headache," sooooooooo it ended up being a "lazy kinda two days." Now that I'm back at work, I wanna be sewing on it again (LOL).

On another matter ... that being 7 to 8 inches ... OMG, your mind just fell back down into the gutter didn't it!!!!! (LOL) You all either need to pray for my soul or I need to get back in bed, roll back out and start this day off again!!!! Anyway, I was referring to the length of my hair ... it being a major "mop;" but I'm happy to say that I took the plunge and had about 7 to 8 inches cut off last week. I decided it was time to stop rebelling against old age and it feels sooooooo much better. Not the best picture in the world, but I put a new one of "yours truly" up in the left hand corner :) My honey took it as I was leaving this morning :) I feel so liberated without all that mess!

"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace." (Ecclesiastes 3:1-8)

Hope this week treats you all with kindness :)

3 comments:

  1. You are so funny! This is going to be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks great and you have made me laugh! Thanks for the sweet comment you left for me :)
    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the new doo!!!! I've been thinking of going even shorter than that!!!! (I know what you mean re: too much hair to have to mess with everyday!)

    ...and the quilt looks great! I think you got plenty finished over 2 days (but that's from the Queen of Piddling Around)

    ReplyDelete