Tuesday, September 7, 2010

UPDATE :)

Please forgive me for staying gone for so long and for another "photoless" post!!! I have soooooooooo many people to thank and so many lovely things to show you all, but I'm afraid I need a few more days to get my act together.

Chemo started last Thursday; and as much as I hate to admit it, it truly kicked my butt ... still kicking it actually and I never dreamed those nasty side effects would be hanging around so long. I do think today was a tad bit better though, so I'm hopeful for even more improvement tomorrow :)

I do believe all of this would be so much easier if I could see properly. I got my new lenses last week, but they unfortunately did not do the trick :( In all fairness, I can see somewhat better; but it's a far cry from my normal vision. I go back to the Eye Doc tomorrow, so I'm praying hard he can fix me!!!!!!!!!!

I also have a Brain MRI on Thursday to make sure this Triple Negative Cancer hasn't gone anywhere it's not welcome. Two days ago, I got the worse possible headache imagineable; and I will have to say that it scared me. I've had headaches off and on my entire life, but I have never ever experienced one so brutal. It finally subsided when Gene wrapped my head and neck in ice. God Bless him cuz I know that wasn't easy for him to do!!!

We got the results of the Pet Scan; and unfortunately, the left tata lit up ... it's either new disease or remnants of the infection I had for so long. The remaining axillary nodes that weren't removed lit up as well, which I truly hated to hear. I think it's probably safe to say that I will end up with a mastectomy before all of this is over; but for the time being, Dr. T. wants to continue forward with the chemo. I also had 2 small nodules in my lung light up. They are too small to biopsy (thank you Lord!!!!). Dr. T says that if they shrink, she will have to presume they are malignant ... if they remain the same size, then everything should be OK :) It's no wonder cancer patients fear scans sooooooooo bad!!!!!!!!

I have to send out a very special thank you to my Dear Sister-in-Law, Betsy. She insisted upon going to Chemo with me and I was soooooooooo grateful that she was there!!!! She made the whole process so much easier ... she even picked me out an adorable wig, which I'll show you soon :) Dr. T has lots of them to choose from and says to "help yourself :)" Isn't that nice!!!! Betsy also did our grocery shopping on Sunday and came over and cleaned our bathrooms and put new sheets on the bed. There was no way I could have done any of those things and I will be forever grateful for all her help all the days of my life :)

I also need to send out a very special thank you to my Dear Friend, Diane. Another God Send in our world :) That beautiful lady has so many problems of her own, but she puts the needs of everyone else before her own on a day to day basis. She's bathed Dolly several times, cleaned our kitchen and living room, fixed my hair and carted me all over town to Doctor Appt after Doctor Appt; and she's gonna do it again tomorrow :) I keep telling her I can drive, but she doesn't trust my eyes (LOL). I'm sure the good folks of Davie would thank her :)

The thank you's will continue as I haven't even begun to talk about all the love and kindness that has come our way. It leaves me totally speechless each and every day :)

Blessings to you all :)

"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of lifte that God has promised to those who love Him." (James 1:12)

6 comments:

  1. Jan,
    Thank you for the update. I have been thinking about you!
    I am praying that you will soon be cancer free! Hang in there!
    HUGS!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan,
    Just know that you continue to be in my prayers. Keep your faith strong..ask God to help you fight and win this battle and that you put you faith and trust in him. I KNOW he is covering you with a blanket of his protective love and healing.
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan,
    Continuing to hold you in prayers. Just a thought, was your headache the day of chemo or a few days after?...I would get a terrible headache from the nausea med. (just a thought and hopefully an encouragement.) Chemo kicked my butt every treatment...just rest and take care of yourself. These are just a few months for the rest of your life.
    Prayers and blessings,
    Kim from South Dakota

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending my love and big hug - you are a can do woman - you go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Jan, so happy to hear from you! So sorry to hear all of this news:( but you just know that God has got you in the Palm Of His Hand. I will pray daily for you! and remember we do Serve a Healing God! and I too am Thanking God for all of those "sweet ones" that are surrounding you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still thinking of you and praying with you Jan. My Mother-in-Law went through the very same thing just a few years back. She lost only one breast but rallied wonderfully. She says all the trials were worth it in the end and has been cancer free since.

    ReplyDelete