Thursday, March 17, 2011

LETS TALK QUILTING ... FINALLY!!!!!!!!

Awwwww, "quilting" instead of cancer ... a nice change of pace, don'tcha think. So here we go starting with the picture above. My dear friend, Janet, in PA did the lovely Hawaiian appliue and sent it to me to for some hand quilting. I washed it afterwards and was afraid it was to puffy, but Janet seemed to like it puffy ... big sigh of relief!!!

Now let's talk about "Henrietta Whiskers!!!!!" It's this year's free BOM (Block of the Month) from Bunny Hill Designs. I soooooooo wanted to make it, but didn't have the energy to start the first block, so my dear friend, Polly, from MD made my little dream come true. That dear sweet lady made the first 3 blocks, cut out all the applique pieces for the first block and mailed the whole wonderful package to my doorstep. I can't tell you how happy I was to have something so adorable to work on. She has since sent me the pieces for the February block and March is in route as we speak. Such an angel in my world :)

I haven't had any umphhhh whatsoever, so my "sewing room" hasn't been occupied for quite some time. Well, after the Gamma Knife in January, which by the way, went very well, I had to take wicked Steroids (Decadron) for 10 days and they had me running every which way including "crazy" (LOL), sooooooooo I spent one glorious day in my "sewing room" and finally finished this "Disappearing 9 patch" top :) I made the borders so big cuz I'm planning on scalloping the edges.


Lastly, but since it's probably gonna take a life time to complete certainly not the least is my "scrappy Grandmother's Flower Garden" top, which is growing slowly but surely :)

I've got the most wonderful group of on-line friends you could ever possibly meet ... I mean they are literally the angels walking amongst us and we've been chatting on-line for quite a few years now. I've also had the pleasure of meeting with quite a few of their lovely selves in person ... in fact, tomorrow, my friend Mary is driving down from Cocoa Beach to go to a Quilt Show in Ft. Lauderdale with me and my DSIL, Betsy. Anyway, one of the lovely gals, Barbara from MA, mentioned she had some scraps if anyone wanted any, so I jumped right in and grabbed 'em up to keep my "scrappy" hexies totally "scrappy." Well, before you knew it, I had scraps coming in from all over the Country and some of them were already cut into hexies thanks to my Dear friend Janet out in CA. Some of the girls sent their scraps to her and she cut them into hexies with her new toy ... that cutting thingie they've got out now. Amazing machine. Amazing women!!!!

I guess I need to talk about cancer just a little since it is essentially reality in our little world. I finished the last chemo 6 weeks ago, which was, of course, cause for celebration; but it's been so hard ever since, celebrating has yet to occur. Dr. T. said the drugs have an accumulative effect, and boy was she ever right ... that last dose just about did me in. Having an awful lot of full body pain with a big emphasis on the feet and hands due to the Neuropathy (numbness, tingling, and sharp pains). I'm also extremely tired still yet nervous at the same time ... it's a situation that drives me a bit bananas.

I did get some good news from the latest Pet Scan, which was a couple of weeks ago ... the lymph nodes and lungs were both clear ... thank you Lord :) The suspicious spots in the breast were still there, but they did shrink in size slightly. Now I'm on tap for a mamo, an ultra sound and an MRI, then it will be decision time. Oh and I did get a post 30 day Gamma Knife MRI and the brain was clear too ... another thank you Lord :)

Well, that pretty much brings us up to date. Hopefully, I won't let 2 months go by inbetween now and my next Blog. Blessings to you all :)

"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you wth My righteous right hand ." (Isaiah 41:10)

8 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear things are looking up for you and that you are feeling human again...great news that you got in the sewing room! Hope things continue to improve for you...keep quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are feeling better! It is so good to see your quilting projects ... they are all beautiful.
    It was so nice to open my blog and see your update. Take care of yourself!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan,
    Thanks for the update. I was wondering how you were doing! The quilts are beautiful! Praise God for good scans! Hang in there with the side effects, although some day they still challenge me, they do diminish in intensity!

    Prayers continue....

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY !!! YOU'RE BACK !!!! I think about you often and was so worried not seeing you playing here in Blogland !!!! BUT (sigh of relief) HERE YOU ARE !!!!! Now .... GET BUSY SEWING !!!!(and having fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just checking in on you dear friend and praying you've received more good news since March! xoxo Jan. You're a real fighter and inspiration to many.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice post thanks for sharing...blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous quilting. You are so talented! I have never been brave enough to attempt it - but maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The antients used Christinaity to initiate the "Beginnning of The End". Along the way they used it to initiate other tools which they will use to further mankind into decay and towards the Apoocalypse:::USA, "democracy", capitalism/corporations.
    Of the tools they have used, religious, political, economic, social is by far the most damaging and seems reserved for those who have experienced each tactic:::
    The god's social tool promoted moral decay, whether sexual, behavioral, professional, etc. It created an enviornment where indecency is the norm.

    The dogs are dead.
    And they're still incurring evil from their prior life(ves).
    Junior Seau is a good example::The real, a 20-something in her next life, making progress, so the gods allow her clone host fake to committ suicide, allowing her off the hook incurring evil in her prior life. AND close the restaurant, her legacy in capitalism.
    Al Davis should be so lucky.
    The antient's leaders, politicians, celebrities, corporate executives, scientists/professionals are clone host fakes, fresh out of high school who woudln't know their ass from a hole in the ground. Without the gods doing their jobs THROUGH THEM they'd only be good for playing with themselves.

    Because of their use of clone host fakes the gods have created a blameless society where nobody takes responsibility for the destruction which has occurred.
    The BODs, CEOs and wealthy are fakes fresh out of high school, the gods no longer push anyone into it and instead used temptation, and the result is devistation the gods won't "make up" to the disfavored anymore.

    There was a very real perception that bi-racial was much worse for the white than it was for the person of color. The liberal culture, which was designed and promoted with the god's tools to achieve their Apocalyptic goals, screamed racism when there was a very reasonable explanation for this reality::::
    In this white punishment known as the United States the person of color has already adopted the disfavors/temptations intended for another race. But by associating/mating with a person of color the white is newly adopting the disfavors of another culture.
    And this is the reason why people of color are not welcome in the United States. The gods control everything:::The perception they want to create, the thoughts they want you to have.
    People of color can't recover from absorbing the temptations from two cultures. And why they become more and more like so many blacks in America:::Veterans at absorbing the temptations of two cultures.
    To further illustrate this is why California's educational system/funding was ranked #1 when California was white:::Education being the basis of the affluent economic system. Now even public higher education has become unaffordable.

    The gods behave monsterously in the course of managing Planet Earth, matching our decay, but they demand people be good if you are to have a chance to ascend as a child in a future life.
    Not only is doing the right things important (praying, attoning for your sins, thinking the right way:::accepting humility, modesty, vulnerability), so is avoiding the wrong things important as well:::"Go and sin no more".
    You NEED active parents who share wisdom to have a real chance to ascend into heaven in a future life, and you MUST be a good parent as well to have that opportunity in your next life.

    ReplyDelete