Monday, June 8, 2009

A GOOD, GOOD DAY .............

....... and on a Monday no less ... the day that we simply "cannot trust!" Right now is when you need to be thankful that you can't hear "sound" on this site, otherwise you'd have to listen to me sing "Monday, Monday ............ :)"

OK, back to the "Good, Good Day" stuff. Soooooooo what makes it so good??? Well, remember this?????

I'm happy to report that it's been transformed into this :)

(If you double click, you can enlarge the photos ... sending out apologies for them not being that clear!)


And it has some quilted feathers!!!!!!


And even better yet, this one is for my Mom :) All through the years she has said she didn't want a quilt. Then, out of no where, last December, when I was up in TN visiting with her, she said "when are you ever going to make me a quilt???" I almost fell out of my chair!!!!!! I'm hoping to get it washed, labeled and shipped out in time to arrive on her doorstep for her Wedding Anniversary this month :) Yes, it's a "Good, Good Day :)"

"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb." (Psalm 139:13)

5 comments:

  1. That's beautiful.Scalloped edges yet! Did you applique the flowers on each block, or were they printed on that way? Very pretty. I like your quilting too...do ou have a longarm or use your home machine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan - it is wonderful!! Your mom will love it. Janet (Goober)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, that quilt is incredible! You're a natural with the quilting machine and I love the colors you chose. Your mother is going to LOVE it!
    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW--it is beautiful. This is a perfect example of letting the fabric do all the work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quilt is lovely. You did a terrific job with the quilting. WTG!!

    ReplyDelete