Tuesday, June 2, 2009

HURRICANE SEASON AGAIN!!!!

Rats, rats and more rats!!!! As of yesterday, Hurricane Season 2009 has officially arrived; and it'll stay till the end of November. Boy, I really hate that; but considering the fact that we've been down here since '79, we've been pretty fortunate through the years where the Storms are concerned.

Many areas surrounding us ha
ve taken some terrible hits ... like South Miami back in '92 when Hurricane Andrew made his devastating debut. Gene's Mom, Virginia, went to Heaven the night before he hit; and in '99, our business took a terrible beating when Hurricane Irene made her appearance dropping oceans of water along her path. She was evil!!!! We had to get a new roof after the storms of '2004; but that was a good thing, cuz that new roof withstood the rath of Hurricane Wilma in October of 2005. I didn't like her one little bit!!!! I recently said we lost power for 10 days during that aftermath; but after further reflection, I realized it was actually 12 days ... and believe you me, those 2 extra days do make a difference (LOL).

Wilma obviously wasn't anything compared to the likes of such storms as Katrina, but she sure was a royal PITA!!!! Here's hoping that all named 2009 storms blow back out to where they belong ... SEA!!!!!

On a brighter note, Happy, Happy Birthday to our beautiful niece, Mandy, pictured here w/her Nana ... my Mom. We love you sweetie!


"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." (Hebrews 11:1)

P.S. Special thoughts to my friend Sue in New York, whose beloved Chocolate Lab, Ben, was hit and killed by a car last night. God's Speed my dear.

1 comment:

  1. Great pics Jan. I love seeing you sweet Mom looking so happy.

    ReplyDelete