Thursday, November 12, 2009

AN ANGEL ON EARTH AND NOW AN ANGEL IN HEAVEN!

Miss Molly Mae Mynatt
July 3, 1997 to November 10, 2009
The cutest, sweetest, kindest and most loving Puppy God ever created!

Our little angel went to Heaven to be with her Sissy (Micki) Tuesday morning and she took a big chunk of my heart with her when she left. Gene and I are heartbroken beyond words, but we will be forever grateful that God chose us for her! She was truly one of our greatest gifts in life. We will also be forever grateful for the 12 additional days we were given after receiving the devastating news that she was in kidney failure. That extra time was absolutely precious to Gene and I. I think it was to Miss Molly too :)

I soooooooo wish everyone in the World could have known her!!!! She came into our lives at 8-1/2 months old and brought us an abundance of joy and laughter from that point forward. It's hard to imagine life without her ... it truly is; and I will miss her always.

In hopes of healing my broken heart, my honey, that wonderful man I fell in love with 37 years ago, along with Diane, the wonderful friend who works for us, spent many days searching for Miss Molly's little Sister; and although I didn't think I was ready to give my love to another furbaby, "Dolly" arrived on our doorstep Tuesday afternoon ... Gene says she is my gift from Miss Molly!


She's a little Yorkie just like Miss Molly and her name is "Dolly Darlene." She's 14 weeks old and checked out perfectly at the Vet this morning, with the exception of ear mites, which they say is common and very easy to get rid of.

When we first brought Molly home, Micki chose 3 names for her ... "Daisy, Dolly and Molly." We immediately said "Good Golly Miss Molly," and the rest was history, sooooooooo, we chose to name this little punkin one of the 3 names that Micki originally chose; and our friend, Tori, called last night and thought we needed to add the Darlene, which was Micki's middle name, so that's what we did!

I didn't think my broken heart was ready to love this little one; but Gene was right, as she's already made me laugh and brought oodles of sunshine our way, so I'm sending a great big thank you to Miss Molly for this wonderful little gift :)

"I also thought, "As for men, God tests them so that they may see that they are like the animals. Man's fate is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath; man has no advantage over the animal. Everything is meaningless. All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return." (Ecclesiastes 3:18-20)

8 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh she is just darling....look at that cute little face. I am glad she is colored a little differently.

    Dolly----you are one lucky little dog getting ti live with this family.

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the addition of "Darlene" to Daisy's name (good job, Tori)! Although I don't think Michele loved that middle name, I think that she would be thrilled that her little sister shares it with her! Little Daisy Darlene is a sweetie...can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Dolly Darlene is as cute as a dog can be! Is it a coincidence that her initials are DD? Is she as sweet as a Coolatta? :-) Thank you so much for letting us see her. I hope she brings you years and years of joy. Loved the scripture too. How true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Dolly is so cute and content where she is --- may she bring you and Mr. Gene years of love and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sending you good thoughts, it is so hard to lose a pet, especially one that is so much a part of the family like your little doggie!!

    Dolly is cute as a button!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really sorry for your loss, I know it isn't easy......I'm glad you have a new little friend there to help heal your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sending love your way. Your little angel was indeed beautiful. How lucky you were to have had her.
    Miss Molly is lucky to have you and is so ADORABLE as well. You're making sweet memories with her already! Good for you.
    x
    lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww I'm so loving the way you spoke about your time and love with Miss Molly. What a great post. You have put her passing in such a good way. What an adorable little dog and friend. I feel the same way about our Shadow. It is like one of my kids. I wish you a sweet new doggie.

    ReplyDelete