Tuesday, January 5, 2010

IT'S COLD DOWN SOUTH!!!!

And I mean "cold!" Very, very cold ... at least by South Florida standards, that is! So cold, we're supposed to dip down into the 30's tonight and I even heard someone mention the possibility of "snow flurries!" We've been in FL for 30 years, and "snow flurries" isn't something we've seen down here before! That would definitely be a first! I do love the snow tho ... the thoughts of it and a roaring fire always sounds soooooooo delicious to me; and it's always such a pleasure when I get to pull out some scrumptious winter clothes, so needless to say, I'm enjoying this little cold snap quite immensely :)

I've also always loved "Snowmen and woman :)" About 15 years ago, I made about 10 sets of these little guys ..............

........... and they always make me smile :) The pattern came from my Dear Mother-in-Law, Virginia, who made all us kids a set. Unfortunately, our big monstrous, totally uncontrollable, yet lovable mut, Marshall, ate ours many years ago, so these are the replacements I made. He's quite lucky he surived that day cuz I was sooooooooo upset! Anyway, you start out with an empty can and just build the snowman around it with a thick batting type fabric. A fun little something to work on :)

Hope everyone's New Year is off to a good start; and if it's "cold" where you are, bundle up in a quilt and stay warm :)

"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." (Lamentations 3:22-24)

6 comments:

  1. My MIL has those exact snow people. They are so cute. Thanks for the support on the washer thingie. And I had to put that pic of me and mr. hive on my blog because it said a million words about the holiday jet lag! ha it is sometimes so fun to poke fun at ourselves. Cold - girl it was 16 here this morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cold here too! I love the snowmen and snowladies ... they are so cute! Stay warm!
    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the snowpeople! It got down in the 20's last night in Southern Texas...and it's supposed to be a high of the 30's with a low in the 20's on thursday....eek! I'm not used to this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your temperature is showing 44.3 degrees F. I hoping that that is not too warm for you to have a fire in the fireplace, and cuta hot chocolate tonight.

    Wishing you no frozen pipes tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jan,
    You are so sweet to stop by my blog for a hello! I was so very busy over the holidays that something had to give which meant my blogging. I'm going to try to start posting this weekend since I'm so behind. I'm excited to share some of the crafty things that have been keeping me occupied these past few months. I need to catch up on my favorite blogs too!
    Please take care and thankyou for stopping by. Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brrrrrrrrr !!!!!! Stay warm and enjoy your cold snap!! (so much for going to Florida in the winter ! YIKES !!)

    P.S. Love those cute snow people !!

    ReplyDelete