Wednesday, December 30, 2009

THE ENDING OF ANOTHER YEAR ......

Whow, that doesn't seem possible to me! Time sure is flying, isn't it!

Every year at Christmas, we receive a beautifully written letter from our Pastor's wife; and this year, she talked about the things that happen to us in life. She pointed out that on some days we can see the positive, happy side of those things; but then other day's we feel sad and dejected about the same event. All that got me to thinking ... thinking about this past year and all that has transpired; and how I do exactly as she described!!!

In our little piece of the world, Gene's health has definitely deteriorated over the last 365 days ... even the simplest tasks in day to day living are painful for him, yet he manages to maintain good spirits inspite of it all. We had to live another year without Micki, yet she enjoyed another year in Heaven! Our business, like so many others, has suffered terribly from this weakened economy, yet our doors are still opened. My Mom's memory seems to be getting worse by the day, yet we celebrated her 91st Birthday this month. We lost Miss Molly Mae, yet we found Dolly Darlene. A good friend dissapointed us terribly, yet it made me realize how often I must dissapoint God! It's a wonder He has continued to put up with me for so long, and I now vow to do better where He is concerned :) We lost 3 dear friends this year ... two to cancer and one to diabetes and heart failure, yet their memory is so precious. I'm a year older, my hair is a lot grayer, and I'm a bit wider, yet I'm still here :)

Some of my best pals and I have been reflecting on not just the last year, but the last "decade," which, of course, is coming to a close as well; and I have found oodles of stuff that have transpired over the last 10 years to ponder in the same manner. We'd be here till dooms day if I listed them all, so I'll spare you from that :) I did wanna share some pictures of how we began this last decade tho ............... we rang in the new Millenium watching the BeeGee's in Concert :) These are the only pictures we have because I left my camera at the restaurant before heading to the Arena. I'm so thankful to have them :)

Me and my honey :)

Me and Micki :)

From our house to yours ... Happy New Year! May it treat all of you with an abundance of kindness :)

"No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven." (Philippians 3:13-14)

5 comments:

  1. It's incredibly hard sometimes to see the positive when the negative is screaming out at you. As you know, God makes things bareable, but how often we forget to call to him first instead of dwelling on things we can't change. You have such a lovely attitude! I hope 2010 brings you blessings and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan .... I wish you a Happy Happy New Year with LOTS and LOTS of wonderful things waiting for you just around the corner !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the pictures. New year means both good and bad. We have to take both. Unfortunately. I keep telling msyelf that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jan,
    I just came across your blog, and I must say that my heart has gone out to you. In some way because we are sisters in Christ, and other ways because I can see clearly your pain that you have laid at the foot of the Cross. Your suffering will be rewarded with joy. I too have lost many dear friends, and have had other sufferings, but the Joy that comes from our Hope in Christ overshadows the sorrow. So know there is Hope and that you may have new friends also that will help you along life's path...just as Dolly Darlene is doing...Love that name! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Yha! It sure feels good to find a kindred soul (who has been around the block...) I love your ending on the blog. Praying for you to have peace along your life's journey.

    ReplyDelete