Friday, December 18, 2009

THE "MERRY" IS MISSING FOR MANY ....

I know that Christmas will be a wonderful celebration with family and friends for many people across this great land; but as unfortunate as it is, it won't be quite so "merry" for others. Today I have some of those folks on my mind and in my heart. Ya see, I visited a Blog this morning that I've been following for awhile now about a family with a wonderful 12 year old Son, Andrew; and I was deeply saddened to hear that he lost his battle to cancer this week. It is so obvious that the family he left behind loves the Lord with all their heart and soul, but I know that the journey that lies ahead for all of them is not going to be an easy one. If you get a chance, please stop by his Mom's Blog and give your love to this grieving family.

Then there's a wonderful young woman, Ashley, who is in TX battling Ovarian Cancer. She is currently enduring the unimaginable with her loving parents by her side. I've been following her Blog for several month's now and it is quite obvious that she is a Child of God and a blessing to many. I know that they would all appreciate some encouraging words as well :)

Also, I've had the pleasure of getting acquainted with a lovely lady in AL, Susan, who lost her beloved Husband several month's ago to cancer; and then there's Donna who is facing her first Christmas without her precious Daughter, Amber. Both of these Christian ladies have inspired me greatly through their daily posts. All those "firsts" after a loved one passes are terribly difficult, so I'm sure some love sent their way would be much appreciated :)

In many ways perhaps "modern technology" has taken away from the manner in which we used to keep up with family and friends; but in so many ways, it has brought us into the lives of many that we would have not have otherwise had the opportunity to know. In my book, that's a good thing :)

Life is truly difficult for many folks right now ... there's my wonderful Sister-in-law, Cindy, who I adore and who is still having difficulties from her 2nd battle against breast cancer ... and there's my friend Debbie, who is preparing to celebrate her first Christmas without her Dear Mother ... and my friend Janet, whose heart is broken from the recent loss of her beloved Aussie, Dixie ... and my friend Shirley, whose 10 year old Grand Niece, Mikayla, is battling cancer ... and my friend Mary, whose Son's are in the midst of saying their final goodbyes to their beloved Grandfather ... and my friend Marti, who has been searching for a job all year ... and my friend Carla who has worries in her heart for her Dear Husband's health and her Dear Daughter's business ... and my friend Marka, whose Mother has been ill for several years ... all the people who have been suffering for so long from this terribly weakened economy ... the many who have lost their jobs, their homes and are having trouble keeping food on the table for their family ... all the soldiers who have lost their lives for our continued freedom and the sorrow in the hearts of their loved ones left behind ... the list truly goes on and on and on; and I hope as we all prepare to celebrate the Birth of Jesus with the people we love and care about that we save a piece of our heart for all those who are suffering.

Before I get back to the tasks at hand, I wanted to share a picture of our beautiful Daughter, Micki, from a "Christmas past" :) The cutie playing Santa is my honey :) We miss her every day, but we continue to be grateful that she no longer suffers from the struggles of this life and Crohn's Disease and that she gets to celebrate this joyous Season in the most wonderful place of all :)

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. " (Isaiah 40:28-31)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jan, What a wonderful blog post today. I've been following Andrew's mom's blog too and just cried when I read it yesterday...not for Andrew but for his family. You are so thoughtful and caring. God has certainly given you a heart for others.

    Micki loves you too! (that was just on my heart and had to share it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, you are so eloquent with words. You and Gene, yourselves, have gone through difficult times this year. But you are so loving to share your faith, your love for Jesus. I know you have been tired and weary, but you know where to turn when you need strength. I so wish we were closer so we could share more together as sisters in Christ. Love 'ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan. What a heartfelt and wonderful blog post you have written. I wish you and your family peace and joy this Christmas season.

    P.S. ....thanks for the compliments on my silly decorated pot rack ! (and to answer your question ..... NO! nothing else is ready for it's photo shoot !!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan, What a beautiful post! Thank you for praying for my family and all the others mentioned. I know we are not alone. I have felt the prayers this holiday season. I pray and think about you daily as well.
    God Bless and Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete