Friday, December 4, 2009

QUALITY TIME IN THE SEWING ROOM ..............

......... with Aunt Margaret! She flew back to TN yesterday, and we're already missing her. Having her with us this last week was very good for my soul, so thanks so much for coming down for a visit Aunt Margaret!!!!

She saw one of the "charm party totes" I had recently finished hanging in the sewing room and she asked if I could make a "smaller version," so a "smaller version" we made!


I just love all the fabrics she chose from my stash and the pockets she wanted!


And look how cute she looks carrying it!!!!!!!!!


Instead of the 5 inch squares, we cut 'em 4", which made it the exact size she was hoping for! I'll definitely make more and one will have my name on it :)

We also made this adorable "pocket scarf" and hat out of fleece! MaryAnne over at "Moonbeams in a Jar" posted a tutorial for the scarf about a year ago! Tks so much Mar! This set is going to Aunt Margaret's Granddaughter, who adores pink!

The hat was a purchased pattern from JoAnne's and was sooooooooo easy!

I'll be looking forward to her next trip South!

"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." (Thessalonians 5:18)

1 comment:

  1. OMG Jan !!!! You (and Aunt Margaret) made my scarf !!! I'm SO thrilled !!!!! it came out just GREAT !!!! and the hat AND tote are PERFECT !!!!

    ReplyDelete