Wednesday, April 7, 2010

QUILTS FOR KIDS :)

I'm so happy to report that I finally finished the "Quilts for Kids" and both quilts are en route back to PA as I speak :) Remember the first one??? I showed you all a picture of the completed top sometime last month I believe ... it was made from the "Kit of Race Car Fabric" that they provided thanks to their Corporate Sponser, "Downey :)"

The "Kit" also included the backing fabric ... the only thing I had to provide was the batting and the binding :)

When they send you a "Kit," they ask that you make a 2nd one from your stash, so I happily put together "Teddy Bear Hugs :)"

Their current goal is 10,000 quilts for 10,000 sick kids. It's hard to believe that there are actually 10,000 sick kids at any given moment; but the unfortunate reality of it is there are actually a lot more. If you're a quilter, I hope that you can find a little extra time this year and request a Kit to make yourself; and if you're not a quilter, you can still participate by purchasing a Box of Downey or any of their other specially marked products :)

The old saying of "together we can make a difference" is definitely true; and "together" we can bring some smiles to the faces of precious children who are suffering more than most of us will ever know. Now wouldn't that be nice :)

"Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from Him." (Psalms 127:3)

3 comments:

  1. The quilts look great! It would be nice to see the kids' faces when they open these. I know they'll be thrilled! Nice job, Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful thing! Our "across the street neighbors" are quilters. They own a local quilting store. In October they brought over a beautiful quilt for Andrew. It touched me so. There are many times that I have snuggled under their gift of love. It rests on Andrew's bed at the moment. No matter who may enjoy it's warmth and design, it will ALWAYS be ANDREW'S QUILT. I will have to take a picture of it so you can see how pretty the colors are.

    ReplyDelete