Thursday, April 1, 2010

SCRAPPY HOMESPUN HEARTS :)

OMG, have I ever been obsessed! The obsession began the moment I saw the gorgeous "scrappy homespun hearts quilt" hanging at our local quilt show a couple of weeks ago. All those colors, all those checks, all those plaids and all those stripes really spoke to me; and I literally could not rest until I started to create one of my own ... and here you have it, the beginnings of my Scrappy Homespun Hearts :)

"Obsessions" are not always a good thing; but in the "quilting arena," IMHO, they help to keep the worries of the world at bay :)

Many blessings to you and yours during this Holy Season :)

"I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me." (Phillippians 3:10-12)

9 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the finished quilt! It's going to be beautiful~

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very cool quilt. I like all the plaids, stripes and checks. Is it all homespun fabrics?

    Blessings to you and yours--
    Because He lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How darling. Do you need some more plaids?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very nice heart quilt Jan! You have done a good job with the fabrics! I also like your scripture verse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very nice, Jan...love the plaids! CAn't wait to see it finished.

    Those conversations between me and fabric are the ones that get me in trouble! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jan,
    I love this quilt! The hearts and the plaids are adorable together. I can't wait to see it finished.
    Have a Happy Easter!
    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jan ..... what a CUTE quilt !

    Happy (belated) Easter .... hope you had a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I might just become obsessed with this CUTE quilt too ;D
    Thanks for praying for and keeping tabs on me, Jan!

    love, lisa xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just stopping by to say thank you for your sweet love and support and prayers*! Sorry it's taking me so long to respond, but hopefully I will be able to catch up with everyone's beautiful blogs ASAP*!

    (((Hugs&Prayers)))

    _Ashley*

    ReplyDelete