Tuesday, March 30, 2010

BIG ORANGE TOTE .....

....... made by "special request :)" Not too overly exciting unless you're from the great State of Tennessee, a/k/a God's Country; but if you do happen to be from there, your blood most likely runneth orange!

I've had this "TN fabric" for at least a decade and a half and I've got yards and yards of it, so I imagine there's apt to be some more "TN Totes" in my future :) I already used oodles and oodles of it in my very first quilt, which happens to be a "cathedral quilt" and one that Mr. Gene adores. I'll have to share that one with y'all someday.

What I don't have a lot of is the "orange stars," which is a shame cuz I do really like it! I doubt I could ever replenish it though cuz it's old as the hills too!

I had a bit of trouble with the outside pocket, so I'm not overly thrilled w/the fabric placement ... it should have been turned the other way for a better contrast. I wanted it the other way so bad, I made a second one; and I'll be a son of a gun if I didn't do the same thing the 2nd time, so I threw in the towel and went with it.

I'm happy that I've finally granted that "special request," and it's off to TN to it's new owner :) Hope she likes it!

"He said: "Listen, King Jehoshaphat and all who live in Judah and Jerusalem! This is what the LORD says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's. ... You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you." (2 Chronicles 20:15-17)

5 comments:

  1. I love that tote! I thought for a moment it was a UT (University of Texas) tote. The star fabric sets it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a very cute tote! I am sure the TN fan will enjoy it.
    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan - I love the Orange Tote! What a great job and it's such a great color. I wanted to thank you for your comments. It is nice getting back in the saddle again (so to speak). I just hope that I will be able to continue doing so. I don't have your e-mail address - I couldn't find a contact link?? Anyway - FYI for Miss Molly Mae and her shaking paws...Put her treat in you hand and then have her put her paw on your closed fist and then shake before she can have it. It's a great trick and one that my little Tessa picked up easily - because of the treat! Just try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this tote. I understand it is for a TN fan, but using one color can be very challenging and you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How talented you are! The tote is such a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete