Wednesday, March 3, 2010

SUCH LOVELY SURPRISES!

And I think you'll agree :)


These goodies came in the mail from my friend Debbie and absolutely made my day! Would you look at that adorable fabric and OMG on those red leather "button handles!" I've never ever seen anything like them. If you double click on the photo to enlarge it, you'll see a black button in the center of those adorable flowers, along with two little holes directly above the flowers on the strap; and you simply sew the straps on like you would a button! Isn't that ingenious!!!!! I can't wait to make a new tote or a purse out of this "lovely surprise :)" Thank you so much Debbie ... much love and many hugs to you my dear :)

Now on to another "lovely surprise!" This one came a while back from my friend Janet ... she actually started making this adorable little "patchwork puppy" the very day she heard that we were loosing our precious Miss Molly back in November; and this little cutie arrived in our mailbox just a few short days later! Isn't it adorable :) God Bless you Janet ... you my dear warmed my heart with your thoughtfulness :)


I took both of these pictures on Sunday, which was an absolutely gorgeous day in our neighborhood ... not a cloud in the sky ... just pure blue in every direction! One of those days in SFL that if it could be bottled up and sold, we could solve world hunger!


One of God's greatest blessings is the "gift of friendship" and I am so grateful for the friends in my life :) One very dear old friend who left this world many years ago used to say "A Friend is like a melon, shall I tell you why? To find a good one, a dozen you must try!"

If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! (Ecclesiases 4:10)

6 comments:

  1. You lift my spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do bottle up some of your wonderful weather and put me down for a whole case!!! I cannot wait to head to Florida next week - Ft. Myers for baseball, etc. We got all the way up to 30 today and we're just about giddy!!!
    I never realized how many people's dogs had middle names until I mentioned ours. I see you have a Dolly Darlene. Wonder if she'd like our Baxter Maynard????
    Keep the weather warm for us - please!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very lucky to have such nice friends. Can't wait to see the bag you make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your goodies! The purse handles are so cute!
    I am hoping for warmer weather here this weekend :)
    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan - Thanks for staying with me this whole time. I appreciate your comments. Love Miss Molly Mae! Her and my Tessa would have so much fun together...and yes, she will grow into those ears! :) Your Puzzle Pillow is beautiful! Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun things. It is nice to see the sun.

    ReplyDelete