Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A LOVELY THANK YOU :)

I got the nicest "thank you" in the mail from my Sister-in-Law's Sister, Kristy! She sent it for the "Rainbow Tote" I made for her back in the Fall ... she actually mailed her "thank you" in the Fall too. One of our guys must have carried in the mail one day and put it on my Honey's desk cuz it got lost in all of his paperwork until just a few days ago when it re-surfaced ... 6 months after Kristy sent it! Believe me when I say it's quite "dangerous" to get lost in Gene's office!!!!!!!


She included a "Gift Card" from Joanne's ... wasn't that nice ... and I spent it on this :)

A new sewing basket for the living room :)


I needed it desperately. Up until now, I had been trying everything but the kitchen sink ... tupperware, bread baskets, wood boxes ... you name it; and none of them felt right. Needless to say, I'm thrilled to pieces that this does "feel right;" and little Dolly Darlene agrees :)

She's growing up don'tcha think! She was actually 7 months old on Saturday and she weighed in at 2 pounds 9 ounces at the Vet last week. I'm happy to report that on command, she "sits, lays, speaks, kisses, and bounces in the air when you say popcorn," the latter of which is hilarious! She's also an awesome "fetcher" and let's go of her toy when you say "drop it!" Now if I can just figure out how to get her to shake hands and roll over! They are both prooving to be a tad bit more difficult.

If you're reading Kristy ... thank you so much my dear and God Bless you :)

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your forbearing spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things." (Phillippians 4:4-8)

6 comments:

  1. The little pooch and the sewing basket are lovely. It almost looks like the basket could be a bed for the dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story about the Thank you Note and the gift card. You were probably wondering why you hadn't heard from her and she was wondering why she had heard from you! Guess that is why we should jump to conclusions about people. There just may be a rational explanation.

    What a cutie you little dog it! And I love the sewing basket. I got my daughter one shortly after she got married and she still uses it all the time. I keep looking at them but no one gets the hint! LOL

    Hope you are doing well. Your little hexagon is coming along very nicely. I have made lots of hexagon quilts, but none that tiny. They are a lot of work and I appreciate them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice basket and I see there are hexies in there ready to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SHEESH !!! Sounds like my husband's desk/office! (I've had more than one occasion of being pulled over by a cop because the registration on the car has expired ...because that little renewal notice is buried somewhere on his desk long forgotten!!! The one cop could see I was so ANNOYED at my husband that I think he was scared for ALL husbands right at that moment! He was smart enough to just give me a warning and told me hubby dear and I could settle this matter between ourselves! smart man....)

    ANYHOW .... love that perfect new sewing basket (better than tupperware!) .... and that cute pooch!!! (looks like she could fit perfectly inside that basket ..... just like Toto ..... and you could be Dorothy! .... do you have a bike? )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the basket - neat colours! I think your little dawg is smiling in the picture. Warms my heart! What a tail on the thank you card and gift card - life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally sounds like my piles of paper!! what a blessing =)

    ReplyDelete