Friday, March 12, 2010

IS THERE GONNA BE A PHOTO???

OK, let's see if Blogger is gonna let me "upload" today!


Awwwww, there it is! A picture and proof that I have been making a bit of progress with the hexies :) Actually, I think I owe Blogger an apology cuz I think the culprit was my CD! It must have been corrupt or something ... being the stubborn type of gal that I am, I kept trying the silly thing the other day. Convinced it was Blogger or possibly my machine, I put that CD in another computer here at the shop and had the same issue, so the CD it was!

Anyway, the hexies are definitely a very, very, VERY slow process; but I'm really loving the "scrappy" look to this "Grandmother's Flower Garden." I keep wondering how big it'll be ... it really depends upon how far my stash and scraps will take me I guess. Time will tell ... lot's of time I'm sure (LOL); but I can say that so far, I've barely scratched the surface of my stash and my scraps, so I'm hoping it'll grow by leaps and bounds in the days, possibly years, that follow :)

I had to go to the Doctor this week cuz my ankle has been giving me fits for several months now ... after the eposide with the floor base lamp on Sunday, I threw in the towel and made an appointment cuz I wasn't able to function very well with two problem feet! I kinda wish I didn't go tho cuz would you look at what that silly man put on my foot!!!!!!!!


And all because of the achilles tendon! Who would have thought that such a small body part could be the nature for this monstrosity! The daggone thing must weigh 10 pounds; and I feel certain it was created by a man cuz if a woman had been involved, I surely would have had some more colors to choose from! I'm not the most graceful woman on the face of the Earth either, so trying to maintain my balance in this thing is prooving to be quite difficult; but I shall overcome it ... I will not allow it to win :)

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend!

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." (Phillippians 4:13)

5 comments:

  1. Hope you don't have to wear that thing very long. I love the hexies. I would love to try them, but think I would only get enough done for a coaster. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you and your foot!
    Your quilt is beautiful ... got you got the pic posted!
    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Grandmother's Flower Garden is looking very pretty. Sorry about your injury. I hope it heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree .... the very LEAST they could do is snazz up that Herman Munster boot!!!! (hope your poor tootsie feels better soon !)

    ....and I LOVE your sweet little hexies quilt! You're a trooper .... I started one and ended up just appliqueing 6 grandmother's flower garden blocks onto a plain background instead of making the entire thing like you're are doing (and I wish I had the patience to do!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan, thanks for leaving your blog site for us to read, it's a great blog. Check our facebook page on Friday to find out the winner of the Blog-of-the-Week!

    I love the looks of this, and I hope your foot is better. Keep up the good work!

    www.americanquilter.com

    ReplyDelete