Monday, March 22, 2010

A LITTLE EYE CANDY :)

I played hookie from work on Friday and went to our annual Quilt Show (Quilting by the Sea) and had a glorious day despite my sore foot! Sooooooo much inspiration and lots of "traditional" quilts, which are my favorite :) My Sister-in-Law, Betsy, joined me and was in Heaven surrounded by all the gorgeous creations ... she's not a quilter "yet," the key word being "yet!" I do believe it's quite possible that she becomes one soon :) Anyway, without any further adue, here ya go ... some "eye candy :)"

This first one happened to be one of Betsy's favorites :) Little houses on stilts and lots of palm trees ... real South Florida style!

This lady found a creative way to use up all her left over strips!

This one in person got a great big "oh my gosh," as it was gorgeous! Reminded me of a "story book quilt."

Would you look at that detail! Incredible!

This one really caught my eye in person ... the colors were just lovely!

Ohhhh and I adore "wool applique quilts." I must make one someday.

This one had the cutest little "dragon flies" on it.

And I adored this one! All those waves just made me feel good all over!

Absolutely gorgeous! And sideways (LOL) ... sorry 'bout that!

And soooooo colorful!

A machine embroidered beauty that appeared to weigh a ton!

Not only did this lady hand piece and hand quilt this entire thing, but she also cut out all the pieces with scissors! Can you imagine!!!

The colors in this one drew me in :)

The Best of Show and deservedly so! It was exquisite!


Just loved this red, white and blue pineapple!


And my absolute favorite ... this "homespun hearts!" I'm not overly crazy about the border, but I adore the rest of the quilt. I've been collecting "homespuns" for several years, and I must make this quilt! Ohhhh will I live long enough for all of my "musts!"


This was a cutie patootie!


And the border and sashing fabric on this beautiful red work was the absolute perfect choice. It was stunning.


The picture of this one does not do it justice ... it was soooooo pretty in person; and the lady who made it said it was the only way she survived having her Mother-in-Law living with them for 5 years (LOL).


Another applique beauty :) So much love, patience and talent!


There were lots more ... 150 of 'em to be exact, but I didn't get pictures of all of them. Perhaps next year :) Hope you enjoyed!

"When God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work -- this is a gift of God," (Ecclesiastes 5:19)

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jan--found you by way of Donna at Sugar, Spice & Southern Life. I'm a fellow Floridian.
    The quilts are wonderful--I especially like the first one with the beach houses and palm trees. Just like your SIL I'm "not a quilter yet". But I am planning to be soon. Thanks for posting the pics of the wonderful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, Beautiful quilts! Thanks for sharing them with us! I wish I could go to a quilt show everyday :) They make me happy!
    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH I love quilt shows. I get to go to one in May in Kansas City. Should be soooo fun. Thanks for sharing the great quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet jan. thank you for your love and concern for us, strangers to you. i am so sorry about your daughter. so very sorry. seems like more than any mum should have to bare.

    did you find lu through fredas hive? she's my bf's moms bf. a sweet, talented woman. lulu hs a quilt she made. you look extremely talented yourself. xoxo lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great hooky day. Lovely quilts. So inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful! thank you for your prayers and for sharing part of your story with me. I'm honored to be walking this journey of life with you, friend.

    love, lisa xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love quilt shows...This weekend is our "shop hop" for the Houston area and your post got me in just the right mood!

    ReplyDelete