Tuesday, October 13, 2009

PROGRESS REPORT :)

By the time this one's finished, y'all will be sick of these "Progress Reports," that's for sure!

I am totally obsessed with the "hexies;" and I can't believe that it has taken me this long to give them a try! I think "life stops" where "me and hexies" are concerned ... cuz it's kinda like "we're out of clean clothes???," or "you want me to fix supper???," or "that's surely not dirt on the kitchen floor," or "you can't seriously expect me to go to the office today!!!" In other words, all I wanna do right now is sit and sew on this quilt :)

I found the pretty yellow fabric with itsy bitsy white polka dots in my stash and I just love the way it's framing all the scrappies.

Two blocks down and goodness only knows how many more to go! It'll be four down soon cuz I got two more of the "scrappies" ready to rock 'n roll :)

Soooooooooo, if you're looking for me, there's a good chance you'll find me sewing more hexies! The laundry will probably be piled up to the ceiling, we may starve to death and the stacks of bills at my office may never get paid, but I'll have a smile on my face :)
"When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise." (Proverbs 10:19)

5 comments:

  1. JanM, your hexies are fabulous !! Keep it up! The rest of the world can wait !!

    How perfect your scripture is for ME today ! thank you !!

    Love you more than grits casserole (and that's some GOOOOD eating !)....

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops - that grits casserole comment is from MARY !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you as far as the chores can wait... there is quilting to do! Your hexies are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned how to make them at LL....I can see the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE CUTE CUTE !!!!!! G-ma's flower garden is one of my all time favorite quilt blocks and your's hit a 10 on the CUTE-O-METER !!!!! ....as far as food goes , there's always a bowl of cheerios and a pb&j sandwich !!! throw in an apple and I think you've got the food groups covered .... TA DA !!

    ReplyDelete