Monday, February 8, 2010

CRAZY QUILTERS!

Awwwwww, there's not too many things that bring such warm feelings as a "Girl's Day Out" does; and that's exactly what I was blessed with on Saturday :) It gives me great pleasure to introduce you to Barbara (left) and Mary (right):

If you're reading Polly, this is the quilt that we all thought had your name written all over it!

Mary drove down from Cocoa, Barbara drove over from Clearwater and I drove up from Davie; and we all met in Port Saint Lucie for some lunch, barbecue style; and then we headed over to a wonderful little quilt show put on by the "Crazy Quilter's" at the Civic Center.

Unfortunately, when I'm having soooooooo much fun, I kinda forget I even own a camera, so I didn't use it very much ... I did take a picture of the "Best of Show Quilt" though ...........

..... and one of my favorite Quilts in the Show:


..... and we found a nice young gal to take our picture on our way out the door, who snapped it rght when I closed my eyes ... perfect of Barbara and Mary though :)


An absolutely fabulous kinda day ... thanks so much girls! It was a real joy and I can't wait till next time :)

"Greater Love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:13)

5 comments:

  1. How fun. What great pals. Your favorite is mine too. I love the colors and I love the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It WAS a wonderful day ! I think we need to do the Central FL shop hop that's coming up !

    Love you !! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girls Day Out at a Quilt Show and lunch to boot! What a wonderful time and such a lift to your spirit. Nothing quite like it! You are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great time you all had. I am hoping to plan a trip for next winter down there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome; thanks for sharing. Hope we can meet up in Knoxville again some time soon.

    ReplyDelete