Wednesday, February 17, 2010

WELCOME TO MY SEWING ROOM :)

Or would that be my studio??? Either way, it's truly my "little piece of Heaven here on Earth" and I am soooooooo thankful to have it! It used to be our "Florida Room" a/k/a "screened in porch;" and one day about 7 years ago my honey woke up and said "I'm gonna build you a Sewing Room!" I don't think I have to tell you how excited I was to hear that, especially considering the fact that up until that point I had been sewing in the closet!!!!!!! I remember clearly the night I moved in ... I cranked up the stereo and danced for hours as I was putting suff here and there :) I don't know how Gene and Micki stood it; but as I recall, they came in and danced with me several times :)

It's a fairly large room ... more so in length than in width. I should probably know the exact measurements, but I haven't a clue. One side houses my regular machines, cutting table and the majority of my stash (above); and the other side is home to my beloved HQ16 (below).

Just a few weeks after the room was ready to roll, I ordered the Koala Quiltmate table and I have really enjoyed it! The second machine you see is a small "embroidery" machine that I've had a lot of fun with. I must have been using it the day I took these pictures ... otherwise, it wouldn't have been sitting right there smack dab in the middle of the table.

Next to my sewing table, I've got this shorter table for some "little ironing" tasks.

And here's my terribly messy cutting table that's filled to the brim underneath! Heck, it looks like it's filled to the brim on the top too!

We knew we wanted a decent size closet in the room, which happens to be in the middle cuz w/all the windows, it's the only place it would fit.

Well, there you have it ... my favorite room in our little house :) Thanks so much for stopping by!

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.: (James 1:17)

6 comments:

  1. I love the color! You have a nice room there! I was excited when I finished my sewing room and was able to leave my sewing machine and cutting table in one place for once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. And did you make that sewing machine cover????? It is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GASP ! I am PEA GREEN with envy over your pretty yellow sewing room!!!!! ... oh, and Kitty wants to know where the mini bar is ....and are you SURE you don't need her help?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, that looks great---no wonder you did a dance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sewing room is so beautiful! It is so sunny and bright. You are a lucky, lucky girl!
    melissa

    ReplyDelete