Thursday, September 10, 2009

THE GRAND FINALE ........

....... of "Signed, Sealed and Delivered with Love!"

And the last wonderful quilt we received from those amazing women in memory of our Daughter, Micki, was for our little punkin ... Miss Molly! Can you believe that those gals made one for her too!!!!!! OMG, I will continue to be amazed at their generosity and thoughtfulness all the days of my life!!!!

Feast your eyes on this little cutie!


Micki adored Molly and visa versa. She was actually the one who named her ... "Miss Molly Mae;" and she did so from her Hospital bed. She was beyond excited when we first brought that little angel home :) We used to say "where's Sissy???" and Molly would go flying into Micki's room :)

The fabric they chose was absolutely adorable ... look at all those cute little "animal words :)


And speaking of "cute," check out all these critters on the back! Excellent choices on all counts :)


Yes, the memory of our loved ones live on in so many ways; and when I look at all three of the beautiful creations that were gifted to us with love and with sympathy, I can close my eyes and see Micki enjoying one of her good days :) Thank you all ... thank you forever and always :)


"Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." (John 7:38)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jan!
    I am so touched by the story of your memory quilts honoring Micki. They must be very treasured just as your memories with Micki are. When my grandma passed, my mom made quilts out of grandma's shirts and gave them to all her siblings. When she wants to remember her mom, she gets out that quilt and snuggles with it.
    Ahhh quilts are wonderful things!
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful...what wonderful friends to make 3 quilts for your family in memory of your daughter. They will be cherished, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan. I've got tears. Your tribute to the memory quilts is so beautiful. I am thankful I could participate in helping with the quilt blocks. We will meet one another some day. Luv ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome ladies to make you 3 quilts in memory of your daughter. A wonderful tribute to her!

    ReplyDelete