Monday, September 28, 2009

I'VE GONE AND DONE IT AGAIN!

And that "gone and done it again" I'm referring to is "another new project!" I'm afraid it's a sickness and I might need to seek professional help!!!!! I simply can't help myself tho, and all the blame goes to my friend Mary! She started a "Grandmother's Flower Garden" quilt; and her blocks were soooo pretty, that I just had to start one myself!


Not your normal "Grandmother's Flower Garden," that's for sure cuz I was in "scrap happy" mode, sooooo I pulled out my 4 drawers of itsy bitsy pieces of fabric left over from this and that and started snipping. If the leftover is at least 2 inches, it gets put into the drawer! I don't even have a clue where I will go to from here, but I am so excited about all the possibilities :) And talk about a good "couch potato project!" Absolutely the best!

Did you know that the "Grandmother's Flower Garden" was the most popular pattern after 1925, and that many women who never made another quilt in their life finished one of these! I find that very interesting, and I certainly understand it cuz I am having fun! On to "Block #2" after work :)

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)

3 comments:

  1. This will be too cute...a little too much hand sewing for me right now, though I want to do one some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jan, I think you and Mary have given me the bug. I used to sleep under a GFG when I was child. I'm resisting---I'm resisting!!!! Carolany

    ReplyDelete