Monday, September 14, 2009

LOVE "TAAAAAA DAAAAAA" DAYS!

Due to working full time and caring for my sick honey, I will admit that those "ta da" days are few and far between; but they are ever so grand no matter how long they take to get here :) I have always had mixed feelings about finishing a project tho ... I'm obviously very excited! You know, the "jump up and down" kind of excited; but then again, I get a bit melancholy at the same time, especially when the finished something will be leaving Davie. My friend, Jan, and I were talking about this just the other day; and she feels the same, so I'm thinking there might be other Quilter's out there who experience similar feelings.

Anyway, without any further debut, here it is ... the Chenille Daisy.


I'm now wishing that I had set that daisy just a bit higher. I wasn't taking the borders in to consideration when it got placed; but all in all, I'm satisfied. I also wish the picture was a bit brighter, but I'm afraid it's been raining buckets down here in Davie for what seems to be weeks now, so not much sunshine flowing into the sewing room these days.

Here's a close up of the "queeelting." It's been washed, cuz I love that "worn" look, so it doesn't show up too well. I did plain stippling in the borders and swirly q's in the strips.

It hasn't left Davie just yet cuz it still needs a label, so I get to remain in the "excitement mode" for a bit longer :)

"Be very careful to keep the commandment and the law that Moses the servant of the LORD gave you: to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to obey his commands, to hold fast to him and to serve him with all your heart and all your soul." (Joshua 22:5)

4 comments:

  1. Oh Jan I have got to make some time to use my chenille strips. Your quilts are so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute quilt! I've never used chenille. It looks like it adds great texture. Yes, Ta da days are so great! I smile all day after finishing a project and people wonder why I'm smiling. It is difficult to say good bye to the quilts but it's very rewarding too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love it! It's so fun to see it finished...you know I just loved that daisy from day one!
    x
    lori

    ReplyDelete