Friday, September 18, 2009

NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME!

When the sun goes down in the evening, come rain or come shine, 365 days a year, this is what you'll see here in Davie .............

Hundreds of 'em ... Egrets to be exact, the majority of which are white w/a few black ones thrown in.

I don't normally see them during the summer months cuz it stays light for so much longer; but I was at work late last night cuz it's been one of those "helluva weeks at Sea," so they were all sitting there on their spot when I drove by last night.

These guys lined up on the bank are waiting for a free spot on the tree! For some reason, they don't like the top part of the tree ... just all those lower branches.



All this "roosting," together with lots of other "nature type stuff" takes place here .........


I don't think they need to worry about me "swimming" cuz I don't "swim where Gators swim!" I also don't have any desire to feed or entice the Gators ... unless they are those slimy Florida Gators, you know the football team, who TN happens to be playing tomorrow in the Swamp, so basically, they certainly didn't need to put this sign up for yours truly!

They were still flying in from who knows where when Molly and I were pulling out. Yeap, never ceases to amaze me, even after all these years!

"If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. " (Psalm 139:11-12)

No comments:

Post a Comment