Monday, September 21, 2009

MEET OUR NEW LITTLE PUNKIN :)

He doesn't have a name yet, but I am sooooooooo in love with this little guy :) The moment I saw him in the Fons and Porter Magazine, I knew he had to be mine! I opted not to put the words "Boo" on him like the pattern called for cuz I don't like being scared ... also opted for "no spiders" cuz I don't like them either, so our little punkin is just plain Jane! Ohhhhhhhh, perhaps that'll be his name, which would change "him to a her!" I don't think that'll work cuz that could possibly make him all sorts of things, so back to the drawing board on the name :)


He's made from lots of little pieces of this and that from my stash :) He's also made with fusible appliqué, which I don't do that often ... actually, this is only my second time ever! I enjoyed the change and remembered very quickly how much I enjoy doing the blanket stitch :) I also enjoyed using my "appliqué pressing sheet" for the first time after buying it several years ago ... that is one great product! No, Jan, it's not yours sweetie! I promise :) Hers vanished off the face of the Earth a while back ... it just fell down into that black hole where all the missing socks go!


Doesn't he make you smile :) He kinda makes all the problems of the world go away for a few minutes ... he's a good thing!

"Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." (Ephesians 5:1-2)

5 comments:

  1. Yes, he is cute. Well done!
    I like your music. Especially Somewhere Over the Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little punkin quilt. I have the magazine and plan to make that quilt, but who knows if i really will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cute!! I do enjoy making things from my stash. Great job on the applique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute. I love using scraps and making little things.

    ReplyDelete