Wednesday, September 30, 2009

MEET "FLAT JAN!"

No, I didn't say "FAT Jan!" I said "FLAT Jan!" "F - L - A - T," as in "Flat Stanley". If you haven't ever heard of "Flat Stanley," he's this little "flat" guy that school children make and send off to travel all around the World! He visits family and friends and comes back to them filled w/all sorts of experiences to tell about :) Soooooo, without any further ado, here's "Flat Jan!"


Isn't she hysterical! She makes me LOL!!!!! Sooooooo, why in Heaven's name did I make her??? Well, here's her story :) A group of my quilting buddies are heading to Lake Logan located in the beautiful mountains of NC in 2 weeks ... 16 of 'em to be exact w/2 hubbies and one other local gal, bringing the number up to 19. They'll spend 3 glorious nights and 4 glorious days stitching and laughing together.

My friend Debbie, is leader of the "Lake Logan Pack;" and she came up with the great idea that all of us other quilting buddies who can't attend should send themselves in "flat form," so they can enjoy some of the fun in a "flat sorta way!" Sooooooo, that's why I created this silly little thing :)

She's leaving Davie today and heading up to Cocoa Beach, FL, so she can travel with my friend, Mary! I figured us FL gals needed to stick together :) The "Flat Gals" will come in all shapes and sizes and I can't wait to see them all together! My friend, Fran, from PA sent hers to my friend, Carolany, in AL; and her "flat self" traveled with a wardrobe! Such creativity :)

This next picture will give you a better idea of the size of my "flat self :)" Oooops, a bit blurry! Sorry!


Such a fun little something to lighten the burdens of the day; so as her sign says ... "Lake Logan Here I Come!"

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:13)

5 comments:

  1. Hey Jan, I just wanted to pop in and thank you for visiting my blog so that I could follow you home to your beautiful blog. Also wanted to thank you for supporting me on my journey and for your sweet comments and prayers. I look forward to visiting you again*!
    ((hugs)) _Ashley*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that you won't be with us at LL, but I'll get a chuckle and remember the few good times we have had together each time I pass your "flat" self!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny. I've seen other people do "flat selves" before but I didn't know what the origin of the idea was. You are so cute. If I tried this it would be flat fat nanette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope flat Jan has a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete