Wednesday, May 20, 2009

DID YOU KNOW ......

..... that one of the things that butterflies represent is "life!" I had absolutely no idea until my friend Sue in NY told me cuz, as usual, I am always residing under that infamous rock!!! Anyway, I did an on-line search on the subject, and this was my favorite finding:

"To wear or have around you the symbol of the butterfly is to state your intention to flutter through life in joy. The butterfly teaches us that patience brings its rewards; and as long as we keep working and developing ourselves, the final glorious butterfly stage will come. To wear a butterfly is to set your target like an archer -- joy is my goal, joy is my reality, joy will come, joy is here now. When we encounter butterflies in our daily lives, they are always a joy to find and a good totem. When one day you open your curtains and a butterfly flutters up, you know that a glorious change is taking place in your life. You see the butterfly flutter his wings, almost dancing along. This is what the butterfly teaches-- that true joy is within the dance of life."


In honor of Sue's Dad and Sister, both of whom have Crohn's Disease, and in memory of our Daughter, Michelle, who lost her 23 year battle against Crohn's Disease on April 28, 2007, Sue and I have teamed up to make a quilt together :) I did the appliqued butterflies and sent them to NY where Sue will put them together with her pieced blocks. Once she has the top done, she'll send it back down to Davie for me to quilt and bind. Then we'll go in search of a young girl/woman who is battling this debilitating disease. If anyone knows of anyone suffering from Crohn's, we hope you'll let us know.

"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." (1 John 3:18)

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful. Is there a internet support group for those with the disease? You may find just the perfect person on there.

    ReplyDelete