Friday, May 29, 2009

FANTASTIC NEWS, AT LEAST IN MY WORLD ........

And that "fantastic news" would be ...................................................................... Mr. Gene is officially "banana puddinged out!!!!!!" Ahhhhhhh, music to my ears. Ya see, every Friday I ask him what he'd like desert wise for the weekend. Well, for the last five weeks, his answer has been "Banana Pudding." Just the sound of those words were beginning to make me cringe. I swear, if I had $10.00 for every bowl of Banana Pudding I've made in my life time, I'd be at home sewing right now instead of at my office where I should be working!!!!

It's gonna be a real pleasure to put that official "Banana Pudding Bowl" back in the cupboard!!!

Aunt Margaret's Banana Pudding:

1 small box Vanilla Instant Pudding (I use fat free/sugar free)
1 small box Banana Instant Pudding (ditto!)
3 cups cold milk
1 small container sour cream ... 8 ounces (I use fat free)
1 container cool whip ... 12 ounces (I use fat free)
1 box vanilla wafers (yes, you guessed it ... I use fat free!)
1 batch of bananas (I never can guesstimate correctly on how many, which is why you see 2 left!!!)

Mix the pudding with the milk, which I do in the blender. Poor into a large bowl. Fold in the sour cream and then fold in the cool whip. Now it's time to layer ... vanilla wafers in the bottom, pudding, bananas, teensie tiny bit of pudding over top of the bananas, vanilla wafers ... etc., etc., etc. I then top it off w/some cool whip and vanilla wafer crumbs :)

Ohhhhhhh and I normally save exactly 2 of the vanilla wafers, 2 pieces of the banana and 2 small spoonfuls of the pudding, which I then proceed to eat :)

Sooooooooo, what did Gene request for his desert this weekend???? Guess you'll have to stay tuned for that :) Such excitement in Davie!!! (LOL)

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." (Phillipians 4:6)

2 comments:

  1. I would eat the whole bowl in the course of one day easily!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan, You left a comment on my blog about Fran's tea party. I'm guessing you are from the Weight Watchers list. You were set at no-reply so I couldn't respond to your email, but I'm glad I found your blog . i've added you to my bloglines list. Oh and the Banana pudding looks yummy!!!

    Hugs,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete