Tuesday, May 5, 2009

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." (Proverbs 3:5)

Is it true??? Am I really Blogging??? By golly, I think I am. Perhaps I am living in the 21st Century after all, opposed to under that "rock" that I've grown so fond of.

I guess it's appropriate that I introduce myself before going any further. My name is Jan ... I'm 53 years young and I share my life with my wonderful Husband, Gene, of 33 years and our little 4 pound Yorkie, Miss Molly. Gene has been battling severe multi-level Spinal Stenosis, a terribly nasty disease of the spinal cord, for a little over four years now; but he remains in amazing spirits despite it all. We're originally from the great State of Tennessee, a/k/a God's Country; and we've been here in FL since 1979. We own our own business, Ultimate Pools, Inc., where we've been specializing in major swimming pool renovations for two and a half decades now. I officially push all the paper and handle all the finances, which isn't easy in this wicked economy. We have one lovely, beautiful Daughter, Michelle, in Heaven. It's been two years since she left us and we miss her more than words could ever describe.

The thing that keeps me sane is quilting ... thus the Title of my Blog ... "Quilting in Davie." It is truly my passion. I share the love of this wonderful craft with about forty beautiful ladies from all around the Country. We meet daily on line at what we call the "Frame."

With my Husband's current health condition, the absence of our Daughter in our life, and with our current business struggles during this recession, I wake up daily and remind myself to "Trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding!!!"

2 comments:

  1. Jan,
    Welcome to the blogging world. I really is fun isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, I so appreciate your optimism and that you aren't afraid to give praise to God. I can't wait to meet you some day. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete