Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I CAME BACK!!!



"Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." (Deuteronomy 6:5)

I can sure see why sooooooooo many folks Blog!!!! It can be quite addicting :) Gonna keep this one short, as I need to focus on what they sometimes pay me to do! Just wanted to quickly share my latest completed project first though ................................ which is, yes, yes, yes ........................... a "UFO!!!"


..... a "UFO" from the year 2005!!! October to be exact and it was my very first participation in a "Block Exchange." This one was entitled the "Berry Block Exchange." If you look close, you will see that all the fabrics relate to berries :)

Anyway, it was the year Hurricane Wilma blew through Davie; and the year I turned the big 50! Spent that landmark occasion preparing for the Hurricane ... totally un-thrilling to say the least! We lost power for 10 days and had quite a bit of damage on the exterior of the house.

My dear friend, Debbie, offered to finish the blocks for me; but I managed to do 'em via generator power. Couldn't iron 'em till we got back that wonderful stuff we all call electricity tho cuz the iron blew the generator every time I tried to turn it on. All those extension cords running through the house still give me nightmares, not to mention the "cold" showers!!! We've since installed an automatic generator, so I guess we're as ready as we'll ever be for the next Hurricane Season, which begins June 30th.

The good news is this quilt gets to stay in Davie, which thrilled Gene to no end!!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you in blog land

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Jan Honey, I am just THRILLED to be your very first "follower"!!! I connected your blog to mine: fibersbyfisher.blogspot.com. I've not updated mine since I began it several weeks ago, but you have inspired me to consider doing just that!

    I LOVE your sewing room, BTW!!! What a pleasant place to spend hours of your life!!

    Happy blogging!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete