Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A WHOLE YEAR SINCE ...................


........ the "big truck fire!" I'm a bit weird when it comes to dates. I remember the Anniversaries of the strangest things, this being one of 'em!!! That hunk of junk you see burned to smithereens used to be Gene's gorgeous charcoal gray Ford F150 crew cab. The silly thing just caught on fire and it wasn't running when it did!

Fortunately, I was NOT home when the incident occurred ... I was at work; and it's a good thing cuz I don't think I would have survived! I panic at the drop of a hat and have a terrible fear of fire.

Gene nonchalantly called the office that day and told Diane that his truck had burned to the ground. When she came and told me, I said "his truck what?????" I immediately called him and he was as cool as a cucumber. I said "was the house hurt???" He said "barely!" OMG, when I turned the corner on to our street that evening I said "barely my you know what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Anyway, as with everything in life, there is always something to be grateful for in every situation; and this particular one was no exception to that!!! Sooooooooo one year later, we continue to be grateful that Gene wasn't in the truck when the flames went up ... grateful that I was not home when it happened ... grateful that our house didn't burn to the ground (Firefighters said just 1 foot closer and it would have!) ... grateful that Gene believes he can still get to Knoxville even when the gas gauge reads empty (Firefighters said a full tank would have been catastrophic)!!! Yes, he was running on empty ... fumes basically ... the day of the "big truck fire."

"Jesus replied, "what is impossible with men is possible with God." (Luke 18:27

1 comment:

  1. Timelies. I LOVE the picture of
    Gene and Mickie. You are getting good at this blogging.

    ReplyDelete