Thursday, August 6, 2009

CRITTERS!

We've got lot's of 'em in Davie, and I see 'em all along my ride to work. My first site is of these little guys in our front yard ...........

My honey will be soooooooo thrilled to see these "critters" on my Blog! Have I mentioned that he adores the ducks??? OMG, does he ever adore them!!! When I find them drinking water out of one of my good Tupperware bowls, I've wondered if they could be considered grounds for divorce (LOL). I will have to admit that the little ones are pretty darn cute. I just couldn't believe my eyes when one of our latest batches included 4 "yellow ones!" That's a first and we're now wondering just "who or what" this Mama got hooked up with!!!

This next little "critter" is one of Mr. Gene's favorites. He's one of our medium sized ducks and has a look and personality all of his own. As much as I curse the ducks, I will have to say that he's a funny little guy :)


Time to move on out of the neighborhood now and away from the ducks, which takes us from "itsy bitsy and ohhhhhhhhh so cute" to this beast!!! Whenever I see him, I just think "OMG, he's huge!!!" He's kinda skinny tho, don'tcha think??? Either way, I wouldn't wanna jump that fence wearing red!


Then we've got our "horses galore" in Davie ... known to many as "South Florida's Horse Country."
After the horses comes the great big "ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!" I do love animals, but I'm afraid guys like this give me the heebie jeebies!!! And I pass thousands of 'em every morning! Well, that's a big of an exaggeration; but I did try to count them one morning and got to 75 before giving up. I finally got brave and got out and took a picture :) I wasn't out there long tho (LOL).


We've got quite a few of these spots in Davie and they are surrounded w/oodles of critters like that monstrous lizard above! Folks still sit and eat and read and fish tho, so they obviously aren't near as squeamish about 'em as I am!!!


Well, that brings me to my office and all this paperwork isn't gonna push itself, so I'll see ya next time :) Until then, good wishes for you and yours :)

"Also, to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food”; and it was so." (Genesis1:30)

2 comments:

  1. Love the picture of the 'beast' in Little Critters Corral. Soooooo maybe he's not as big as you think!! Stretch

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh...that would give me the heebie-jeebies too...I would stay in my house forever!!!

    ReplyDelete