Wednesday, August 19, 2009

SLOWLY BUT SURELY ...........

......... on the "Puzzle Quilt."


I actually finished the appliqué several weeks ago and have been auditioning border fabrics ever since. I think I've finally settled on the yellow for a small inside border and the red for the larger outside border. Of course, I am a woman, so it's quite possible that I will change my mind once again!!! Suggestions will be welcomed.


I'm hoping that when it's finished the Autism folks will want to take it and raffle it off ... but first, the key word is "finished!" Hopefully soon :)

"The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them." (Psalm 145:18-19)

3 comments:

  1. This is so clever and so cute. I absolutely love it. Love the fabric too. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the CUTEST darn quilt !!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it !!! (and I do like the skinny yellow border with the wide red on the outside ... but I'm a red and yellow person .....well, not me exactly ... my kitchen is red and yellow with black and white thrown in )
    .......now GET MOVING AND FINISH IT !!!! (said the pot who called the kettle black ....HA !)

    P.S. thanks, as always for visiting my blog and for your nice comments about the hot/cold pack cover and tutorial (hopefully the directions make sense !)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this Puzzle Quilt! You've done a wonderful piece of art!
    I found your blog through my sister's Blackberry Creek (Susan Cleveland). I've made only a few quilts, but have a quilting project coming up, and seeing this beautiful quilt of yours gives me hope.

    Thank you for your kind comments concerning Susan's loss of her husband, Vann. I'm so grateful that she has so many kind and loving people to help her through the grief. And my heart goes out to you in the loss of your daughter. Glad that quilting has, as you said, helped you keep sane in the journey called life.

    Ramey Channell
    www.rameychannell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete