Tuesday, August 4, 2009

TUESDAY ..........

Pretty sorry subject line I know, but it's all I could come up with today (LOL). I wanted to Blog though, cuz it's good for my soul :) Wonder who came up with the word "Blog???" I need to google that, as I'm sure it stands for something! I'll sneak out from under my rock and look it up. It's hard to remember "life before computers," don'tcha think! "Cell phones" too!!!

Anyway, I decided to "chenille" the strips of the "Chenille Daisy Quilt," and I'm glad I did.


I highly recommend trying the "chenille by the inch!" It's fun stuff.

I also finally got around to labeling these Christmas Tree Skirts. I'm sending 'em off today in honor of two recent weddings :) I think that "First Christmas together as Husband and Wife" is pretty special, so I thought it'd be nice to mark that celebration with a little something under their first tree :)

The first one is going to Gene's Cousin's Daughter, Jessica and her new hubby, Wes. This is the 7th one I've made thru the years like this, and can you believe that Gene and I still use a tablecloth under our tree!!!!! Kinda like the "shoe repair man," who has "holes in his shoes." I must remedy that one of these days.


This second one is heading off to the children of two of Gene's oldest friends from his School Days ... yes, the Daughter of one fell in love with the son of the other. Isn't that cool!!!!!! This one was a lot of fun to make ... especially where "picking out all the fabric from my stash" was concerned. I made the pattern quite a bit bigger than it called for, so I'm hoping it doesn't swallow their living room whole!

I'm not sure what I'll be back with next ... but I'm sure I'll find something :) Until then, blessings to us one and all :)

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." (John 13:34-35)

4 comments:

  1. Those tree skirts are simply adorable...I love the scrappy patchwork look of both...they will be appreciated gifts I'm sure!
    x Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling stuff Jan. I had to buy some of that chenille by the inch. I'd never heard of it. I can't wait to use it! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like those tree skirts. I've been looking for a pattern that I like. I sure need to replace the one under my tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jan,

    Thanks for your comments on machine quilting. I played with the HQ16 and I really like it, but not sure if I would invest in it or go a couple thousand more for a Gammill. Not like I'm going to make that decision any time soon though.

    ReplyDelete