Monday, August 24, 2009

OVER EASY OR SUNNY SIDE UP???

Or how 'bout just plain 'ole raw!!!!!!!!!


Ya see, I went and got a brilliant idea yesterday ... OK, perhaps it wasn't quite so brilliant; but because it 's been so daggone hot down here in SFL, I was just about 100% convinced I could fry an egg on the pavement!!!!!! When I say "hot," I mean the kind of heat that makes a body that doesn't normally curse, curse!!!

I was quite disappointed when after 30 minutes my egg was still raw as raw can be; and that's when I decided I really need to get a life (LOL). Right about that time, a neighbor came by and informed me that cooler weather was on it's way! Fortunately, he did not see my raw egg :)

When I told Mr. Gene about my little experiment, he of course called me a "Big Nut;" but then he added, I bet it would work on the hood of the car!!!!!! I quickly responded ... "not on the hood of my car!!!!!!!" He graciously gave me permission to try it out on his, which I might just do here in the near future :)

Leaving you with a bit of the sky that's been delivering us such treacherous heat. May this week be abundantly kind to you all :)

"For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer. " (Psalm 32:4)

1 comment:

  1. That is just hysterical! I know what you mean about the heat. My dog hates walking on the pavement it's so hot. You would think you really could fry an egg!

    ReplyDelete