Wednesday, August 12, 2009

HAND QUILTING :)

Ohhhhhhhh I do enjoy it so ... "hand quilting," that is. It's a slow process, that's for sure; but it is so good for the soul :) I inevitably loose track of how long I work on one, so I haven't a clue how long this one took, but I know I adored the process :)


It was a wedding gift for our Niece, Kelly and her Hubby, Jordan. I hate to admit that it was about 3 years late in getting to them, but I can blame that on the "hand quilting ," which always takes waaaaayyyy longer than I think it's gonna take.


I can easily picture myself back in the olden days sitting around the fire and hand quilting by candlelight. Of course, I would greatly miss Blogging, and E-mailing, and surfing the web, and the dishwasher, and air conditioning, and vacuum cleaners, and refrigerators, and freezers, and automatic ice makers, and washing machines, and dryers, and drive through windows, and sewing machines, and my coffee coolattas from Dunkin Donuts, and, and, and sooooooooo much more!!!!!!!!!! Perhaps this time period isn't so bad after all :)

Now I just need to finish up something that begs to be "hand quilted," so I can enjoy that lovely past time once again :)


Before I head back to work, I want to send out great big Happy Birthday wishes to my DBIL, Paul, who will always, always, always be 2 months and 10 days older than me :) Hope the day treats you with kindness Paul! We love you :)


"He said: "Listen, King Jehoshaphat and all who live in Judah and Jerusalem! This is what the LORD says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's. ... You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you.'" (2 Chronicles 20:15,17)

No comments:

Post a Comment