Friday, August 21, 2009

AN OLDIE BUT A GOODIE :)

I am sooooooo happy we are the "guardians" of this old quilt top!

It's one of those "true treasures" in life :)

Gene's "Granny" gave it to us many years ago. She told us that she was the maker; but her Son, Uncle Jack, laughed when he heard that cuz he said he doesn't remember his Mother ever making it!!! He said it was Granny's Mother, Muddy, who made it. Now if you had known Granny, that would have made you LOL big time cuz that gal was something else ... another of life's "true treasures :)"


If you look closely, you'll see oodles of "feed sack" fabrics .......


........ and it was pieced by hand.


IMHO, it beckons to be hand quilted, which I hope to do someday; and when I do, I know memories of Granny will be me with :)


Wasn't she gorgeous!!!!!!!! She was 84 when this picture was taken and she floated peacefully up in to Heaven 6 years later at the wonderful age of 90 :)

"Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever." (Psalm 23:6)

3 comments:

  1. That is so wonderful that you have a piece of your family history. One of the many reasons to love quilting. That quilt is definitely a treasure to be cherished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hyperventilating over that quilt !!! Aren't you lucky to have such a great family heirloom !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt IS a treasure - as are you, dear friend. love you.... Mary

    ReplyDelete