Monday, July 13, 2009

GOOD STUFF!!!!!!

A/K/A "Steak and Gravy," and I was quite thrilled that Mr. Gene requested it for his Birthday Supper cuz it's one of my all time favorites, so I thought I'd share the recipe here in Blogville.

You need:

Cubed Steak
About a cup and a half of diced celery
2 to 3 cans (depending upon how much gravy you want) of "cream of mushroom soup" ... I normally use the low fat version
Some beef bouillon, preferably "granules" or some "beef consummate." You could use some
regular cubes too, but you'd need to dissolve 'em first.
Some water
Some flour

You then wanna dredge the steak in some flour and brown it in a skillet. You can pepper it, but I wouldn't salt it cuz the gravy gets a lot of salt from the bullion.


After that, mix the soup w/some water. You don't want it real thin, but you also don't want it real thick, so use your best judgment :) Then add the bullion . You want to turn the soup into a light brown color or a dark tan color, so start off with a couple of teaspoons and then gradually add from there. Dump in the celery and mix it all together. .


Then, in a large Crockpot (sprayed with Pam), start off with a bit of the gravy and then top with a layer of the steak ... more gravy and then more steak, etc., etc.


Once the steak is all in, pour the rest of the gravy over top, cover and cook on high for about 4 hours or low for about 8 hours . Try not to peak!!! I always fail in that department. Anyway, this is great with some rice and the veggie of your choice :) I hope you'll try it cuz it is really, really good!


Now I'm off to move "Rocky Top" down to the bottom of the list. Ta Ta!

"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" (Hebrews 13:5-6

1 comment: