Wednesday, July 1, 2009

YO YO'S ANYONE???

I just adore "yo yo's!" Nope, not the kind you can "walk the dog with," cuz I never could master that. The kind that you can sit mindlessly making out of fabric for hours :) Any size imaginable too!!! Here's my current stash of 'em, which I guess is evidence that I have spent a lot of time on my backside :)

I'm happy to report that I didn't make all of them tho cuz I shamelessly begged for some from my friends, who were gracious enough to grant my request :) God Bless them!!!!!!

Soooooooooooooo, what does a body do w/all these yo-yo's??? Well, I've often thought that a book entitled "101 Things to Do With Yo Yo's" would be a great thing. I'd write it myself, but I'm about 95 ideas short. See the itsy bitsy one's sewn together above in the circle and the almost square??? I was thinking they'd be great for a Scrapbooker; and I planned on making the longer rows into a heart someday to use around a quilt label.

These that I framed a few years back hang above my vanity and they always make me smile :)

And I made this sign for my dear friend Amina in honor of her new baby, which we all affectionately referred to as "Sweet Pea" before she was born. Made one for our great niece, Gracie too.

I was thinking they'd be adorable as a necklace or a bracelet ... and what about a watch band!!! I saw them made into a belt once and I really liked the look. And OMG, how could I forget ........... I made about 50 "yo yo key chains" last year (yes, I'm insane!!!!!). Double click here for the pattern if you'd like it :)


Any new ideas for "yo yo's" are always welcomed and will be greatly appreciated :) Maybe we can join forces and write that book together!

"With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be." (James 3:9-10)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE those pictures. I am making a bunch too. Now they are in my lamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan-here's an idea for ya...I made a game for the girls out of yo-yo's. You take 10 of 1 color/print, 9 of another, 8 of another and so on down to 1. Then the kiddos can play w/them lots of different ways-sort by color, sort by print, counting, arranging them in shapes, etc. The sky's the limit if they use their imagination!

    ReplyDelete