Wednesday, July 15, 2009

IS THERE SUCH A THING AS TOO MANY QUILTS????

Personally, I don't think so :) Well, perhaps if they are lining every square inch of your dwelling and you're bouncing off the wall cuz of 'em all!!!! But all in all, I think a nice collection of 'em makes a body feel good; and I thought I'd share a few of ours with y'all today :)

Love, love, love them on ladders ... so much so, we've got 4 ladders adorned with quilts in our house; and here's one of 'em :) Is this picture blurry or are my eyes blurry today??????


I always meant to "stain" this particular ladder, but after about a decade and a half, that still hasn't happened!!! If truth were to be told, I always meant to stain 2 of the other 3 as well!!! Trust me, you wouldn't wanna see my "to do list!!!" It's a mile long and I'm always a day short. Anyway, the one on the bottom is a "Grandmother's Flower Garden" that I purchased off of e-bay about 7 years ago and I just love it!!!


A lady right up the street from us in Boca Raton happened to be both the maker and the seller; and I still feel bad today about getting it for less than $150!!! It's all made by hand ... both the piecing and the quilting and she deserved soooooooooo much more than I paid cuz it is lovely :)


I'll try to unfold another of these beauties this evening and get a close up picture for you all tomorrow ... double checking for "blurriness" this time!!!!!!!!!

Before getting back to work, I wanted to send out my love to my Dear Friend Debbie, whose Mom passed away suddenly and unexpectantly last night ... also to my Dear Friend Stretch, whose honey suffered a heart attack yesterday during a stress test. Hugs and prayers to you both!!!

"I will never leave you nor forsake you." (Hebrews 13:5)

2 comments:

  1. I remember, as a child, having a quilt with this pattern. I wish I knew what happened to it! It is indeed lovely and you did get quite a bargain.

    ReplyDelete