Friday, June 5, 2009

ARCHIVE FRIDAY :)

Time to dig way down deep into the Archives again. As I was digging, I ran across this little cutie. It's just one block all by it's lonesome. He doesn't have any friends cuz he was made for a contest ... a contest that I obviously lost!!!! I think it had to do with "exercise;" and everyone who knows me knows I didn't have a fat chance in you know where to win anything having to do with "exercise," soooooooooo the Rooster was mailed to my friend Barb in WI :)

I really enjoyed making this little guy and I have visions of a bunch of "him" in many different colors coming together in one quilt someday!!!!!!! There's no way I can live long enough to bring all the things floating around in my mind to life, but I'm quite hopeful that I'll land in that great Quilt Room in the sky someday :)

Ohhhhhhhhh before I get back to work on this "Finally Friday," I wanted to let you all know about 2 wonderful giveaways here in Blogville USA. Check out:

Moonbeams in a Jar, where you just gotta leave a comment to get your name in the hat, and Wishful Stitches, where you gotta leave a comment about your most embarrassing quilting moment to be eligible to win a really pretty little quilt :) Goodness only knows that I've got waaaaayyyyy more of them than I can count!!!

Happy weekend and Happy Quilting or Happy Whatever It Is You Love to Do :)

"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him." (Mathew 24:42-22)

P.S. Thanks so much Jean for your "Lemonade Ice Box Pie" option!!!! And Eileen, that's why I'm sooooooooo pleasantly plump :)

4 comments:

  1. What a cutie------just make it into a small wall hanging and be DONE. Finished is better than perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't reply to your comment as there was no email address...but thanks for the nice comments, and I probably would've gone wild over fabric except that I have already been buying more than my fair share lately...I went to MQS in Kansas City a couple weeks ago.(I did find some there!) Also have been making that sampler quilt that is in another post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, I just took some time to catch up on your blog. I really am going to have to come here every day. Your cheerfulness and thankfulness are so refreshing. Great work on your blog. To Him be the glory!!

    ReplyDelete