Monday, June 8, 2009

SLOWLY BUT SURELY :)

I'm making a bit of progress on that passel of Quilt Blocks that found their way to Davie a few weeks ago and I'm happy to say that I've managed to finish piecing 1 of 3 sections.

Aren't all those painted hand prints absolutely adorable!!! And God Bless the Teacher who painted ALL those pretty blue blocks and those flowers!!!!!!! I'll have to get you a close up shot of one next time :)

I'm not quite sure what's up w/all the blurriness cuz the photo looked good until I uploaded it??? Hopefully, in spite of the "what's wrong w/the woman holding the camera," you can get an idea of what it's gonna look like :)

I'll have to admit that I've probably broken an awful lot of "quilting rules" putting these blocks together, so I'm currently dodging the "Quilting Police" on this one. I cut the blocks down to 11-1/2 inches cuz none of them matched in size and most of them had been cut with scissors. As I got further into the stack of cutting, I found that there were even some that wouldn't cut down to 11-1/2 inches cuz they were smaller than that to begin with, so I decided to add some fabric to those in a manner that had absolutely no rhyme nor reason!!!

I'm currently working on the 2nd section, so I'm still hopeful to finish by the deadline of the 25th. I think a day or 2 off from work is gonna be required as we get closer to the finish line. When they're all done, you'll hear me shouting from the rooftop!!!!!

"By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (John 13:35)

1 comment:

  1. If you can get the blocks in one pile for each top------just find the smallest and make them all that size. That is what I teach the beginners.

    ReplyDelete